Procedure to calibrate or recalibrate your WBO2 controller built-in to VEMS V3
These are included during v3 assembly. It can be useful for debugging if something is wrong. Check WBO2 + supply and other wiring (the most common mistakes).
wbo2_pump_pw_zero and wbo2_nernst_dc_target board calibration values are the results from these adjustments
Note: the following information is required for any WBO2 related question: wbo2 values (pump zero dutycycle, nernst dc target), controller serialnumber (preferrably also orderid), sensor resistance (Ohm measured between pin2 and pin6), acquired wbo2 calibration value.
- Connect pump(-) and nernst with 100 Ohm
- connect nernst and pump(+) with 100Ohm too.
- Connect a LED's cathode to Heater(-).
- Anode with series 500 Ohm to 12V
- First Measure the voltage between the GND and Pump(-). It should be appr +4V (3.85 - 4.15V)
Measure Pump+ and Adjust Pump-pw-zero
- Measure the voltage between pump(-) and pump(+)
- DVM's COM (black) = Pump(-)
- it should between -4mv and +4mV, when wbo2 is off. If the voltage not in the specified range, adjust pump_pw_zero variable
- turn on the wbo2 (mde02 in the terminal, or WBO2 calibration wizard in VemsTune)
- The LED should start lighting.
- Connect DVM's (+) to nernst
- note: DVM reference (-) is still on pump(-)
- after a while, the voltage should rise to +450mV. Adjust wbo2_nernst_dc_target variable to get close.
- optional step: Switch to the display's 7th page (Terminal: mlp07). Check Ri(Top left corner), it should between 90 and E0.
|DVM -||DVM +||Expected Val.||Var to Change||Notes|
|GND||pump-||+4V (3.85-4.15V)||Just verify|
|pump-||pump+||-4mV to +4mV||pump_pw_zero||WBO2 off|
- WBO2 Basic calibration settings in Vemstune Basic settings -> ECU calibrations