This page discusses air connections
The most frequently used sensor is the MPX4250AP (see WebShop). It mates with standard 6x4 (6mm external, 4 mm internal).
The higher temp, 180C capable tube is much more expensive than the 80C tube (7.8 Euro/m), but required for turbo systems.
There are 2 types of connectors:
- only bears pressure, not recommended for vacuum (useful for BoostControl)
- the one that bears vacuum, (this also bears pressure !!)
There is (currently) only a common connector-item in the WebShop, you can write the (reference name + size of) selected connector(s) in the order note.
|reference name (without size)||one side||other side||3d side||note|
|VVV||vacuum-bearing||vacuum-bearing||vacuum-bearing||popular T for MAP connection|
|VIV||vacuum-bearing||vacuum-bearing||-||popular lengthening or through a plate (eg. frontplate)|
|PPP||pressure-bearing||pressure-bearing||pressure-bearing||boost side only !!!|
|MV||male thread||vacuum-bearing||-||can be bolted into a body|
- 6*4 mm VIV is the most popular to get MAP signal through the frontplate.
- 5*3 mm VIV will be popular with the 4bar pressure sensor
- the assymetric 5*3 mm on one side, 6*4 mm on other side VIV will be popular with the 4bar pressure sensor, if someone likes the thicker 6*4mm tube outside the ECM.
- 6*4 mm VVV is a popular T
AFAIK there is no clamp hose for the connection (eg. tube with MPX4250AP sensor) nor it is needed. (someone confirms?). It does not easily come off anyway.