Subpage of GenBoard/Manual/MainWiringDiagrams
Since 2011 the total current is not going through the main "power relay". A more scalable approach is used: With the main relay off, the other relays are unpowered :
Since 2011: Smaller relay-part...
- 30A small denso main relay powers these:
- ECU (3A fuse)
- WBO2 (5A fuse)
- and the solenoid+ of the other relays !!!
- the input - of the main relay is either through EC10/pin9, or through an eye-connector (ground that if no EC10/pin9 in the relay part; eg. when SSC3 for Vanos is present, fed from NC relay, through NC fuse )
- 30A small denso relay for the ignition-coils
- 30A small denso relay for fuelpump
- 30A small denso relay for nc(extra, SSC3 for Vanos, and/or EC10/pin10)
- 40A traditional relay for the coolant fan
The recommended maximum current is 10A less than nominal. (20..21 A for a 30A relay). Also, blades should not be loose.
The switched side + of all relays gets node30 (always powered +12V), so the total current does not go through the main relay (but without the main relay the other relays will not switch on).