The engine management firmware has quite a number of parameters, these are daunting to a newcomer, but vital if you want to extract the best performance from your engine.
Mik's Example files
Note that even this configuration might work for Mik, it might destroy your engine.
You must know what you are doing, that's very important.
See also GenBoard/MenuSystem for
- how to use these files (make mtt and send the mtt files with SoftwarePage/TerminalProgram?) and
- how to save your config and tables into files like this (mcd and mct commands and cutn'paste)
- or how to quickly set individual parameters in the ECM SRAM and EEPROM (without files involved, in the mtt menu, mcs needed to copy to EEPROM)
How does this relate to UsabiLity/GenBoard/WinTools ?
Got tired of doing HEX-conversions and figured, that others felt the same.
Created a small Win32 app to do it for me (Yeah, I know i'm supposed to do a nifty Perl-hack, but thought that the not-so-nerdy-ones should have a go at it too...).
Get it here:
- NOT available http://188.8.131.52/install/InitialTables.zip
Anyone has source, binaries, docs, author contact, etc... for it?
Decimal numbers in tables.txt
I improved bin/make_table.pl so anyone can use decimal numbers and even real-world units in the tables.txt file, after
numberformat=10 or numberformat=real
- You can switch numberformat after each line if you like
- Default (everything in the file before an explicite numberformat=.. statement) is numberformat=16 (which is for hexa) so old tables.txt files are not broken.
- numberformat=real multiplies by 4 n (ignition) table values, so the crankdegree unit is converted to ECM's internal 1/4 degree representation. numberformat=real gives undefined result (don't use) for j and l tables
- support other number-system (eg binary: numberformat=2)
- add same to config.pl
- allow 0x.. and %.... format even if default is decimal (to input hexa or binary numbers without changing back and forth)
TODO: this page should be splitted to sections:
- PortInjected (injection parameters)
- DummyIgnition or EdisIgnition, (IgnitionPage)
- WideBand, NarrowBand
Following some complete docs structure (Autronics?) would be a good idea. Mostof these are started, but unorganized. Finally all these texts will be integrated into jtune, the new experimental tuning software (so it must be splitted to individual parameters and flags)...
- GenBoard/Manual is the new matrix that we use for explaining config parameters. Please move config parameter info into the page referred from Config column (make up the link and even the page if needed, try to reuse existing pages)