BMW Motronic 88 pin connectors have slight mechanical variations
Got an M52 harness (only 40EUR + 13km away), so we can now check mechanically (earlier all testing was done against M50 female connectors).
- the black mot88 connector is perfect fit for the M52
- needs different frontplate though
- the natural color mot88 is perfect fit for M50 (Vanos, NON-Vanos)
- S50 is same as M50, right ? (pinout is almost same, so it would make most sense, some confirmation here would be nice)
If the other conn is used: some chipping from the connector (filing/grinding/milling) is needed. (luckily this is easy)
Purchased M52 mot88 female loom - SOLVED
- especially female for the M52 version would be nice
- M52 has some minor (but annoying) changes Siemens probably made (requested from the connector manufacturer) to prevent accidental plug-in of incompatible pinout ECU
- see [car/engine M52] (car eg. from a European junkyard) could be candidates to find M52 female...
Mot88 male (PCB) connector available in Black and natural (~bone) color.
- Different frontplate needed, but theoretically they match same female
- prefer Black for M52 BMW !
- Natural color for M50