- via the serial (RS232) port - using a small DSUB9 adapter if both are female DSUB9 (which connects to the computer).
- Do NOT hook up to the LCD port (plugging there would cause damage).
This means that it's unnecessary to purchase and install a 2nd set of sensors - a significant saving of ~150..300 EUR.
Round provides better readibility than an LCD for the most important parameters like
- or other
Important: please follow the steps precisely. Consult the [vemstune help], also available from the vemstune program. Start there.
- For AIM, the setup procedure uses VemsTune (newer than 2010-09-29).
- Round (with AIM-capable firmware) is capable to receive AIM (standard aim protocol 19200,8n1 rs232, 5bytes per packet) from PC or v3.x or other aim-compatible ECU (or transmitter device)
- AIM-capable round FW releases are versioned as 0.x.x version (eg. 0.4.8). Find the actual one on AfreshTiny/FirmwareUpgrade . Note: 1.4.8 does NOT have AIM support. (it cannot display data coming from AIM, and related menus/settings might be missing in vemstune).
- the genboard can send realtime AIM data (v3 ECU firmware >= 1.1.42)
- Any channel sent by the sending device can be displayed on top or bottom display, with any scaling, offset and dot position
- any number of rounds can get the data (eg. 1 genboard feeding 9 rounds displaying total 18 data).
Installation of an AIM capable firmware is the same as a Non-Aim Firmware, see AfreshTiny/FirmwareUpgrade
A default config is available at VemsTune/defaultfirmwareconfigs directory
You can use it as a starting config, but never forget to write down to a paper your calibration values (egt_cal, egt_offset, wbo2_pump_pw_zero,
wbo2_nernstdc_target ) and set it up after config upload.
Display state (mode) can be switched with the button (if button is enabled, see AfreshTiny/AnalogInput): 8 sets of top/bottom values can be configured
- the last received AIM data is displayed. If the display does not update, check the serial line and the sending device. You can use a switch in the serial line to intentionally cut the circuit at the desired time if you like (Hold function).
- to PC: just connect Round's RS232 port to PC's com port
- to ECU: connect RS232,pin 2(tx) ECU side to RS232,pin 3(rx) ROUND side and the pin 5(ground) on both ECU and ROUND side
- if you use more than one ROUND the rx pins are common
Setting v3 ECU with VemsTune to send AIM stream
- v3 firmware must be at version 1.1.42 or later
- to enable with VemsTune (must be newer than 2008-09-30) (or Megatune):
- Outputs menu / Display Settings / AIM Enable
- to enable in config files: set lcd_c0 bit2
- ECU can't connect to PC and Round at the same time
Setting Round with VemsTune to receive and display AIM values:
Follow the steps at VemsTune Help: http://www.vems.hu/manual/vemstune/help2/htmls/main/aim.html
- Aim realtime data types and numbers:
OLD method with Megatune (not recommended)
Setting Round with megatune to display data received via AIM
Round firmware must be newer than 2008-08
(You will find in the round firmware's uzipped directory)
- AIM enable:
- in Settings menu / Display settings
- AIM settings:
- There exists configuration (aim channel and Ax+B linear transformation) for 2 top (T0,T1), and 2 bottom values (B2,B3)
- Channel x num: there you can choose the number what to show as Tx
- Channel x mul(%): the data from ECU has different format, with this value you can multiplicate ( 0..2X )
- Channel x add: the data from ECU has different format, with this value you can add offset
- Zero means 8192 so you can incrase or decrase value with 8192
- Channel x dot: the data from ECU has different format, with this value you choose where to show the dot
- Display settings:
- You can show 8 sets of top/bottom values Measured and Aim data too
- After power up the well configured ECU will send the AIM data and the connected Rounds will show as it configured
- The switch on the Round will change the 8 display modes (disp_state variable)
from round => genboard (eg. button for launch or table-config-switch?) is not currently planned.
The genboard firmware internal CLT temperature representation was -40..+102C. Around 1.1.4x it was changed to max +155C. Sending via aim does not change the
Because I use right now only 4 slots, is it possible to make disable other fields that I do not use. Yes it's not something wery important... but it wold be a lot easyer not to go over other 4 that I do not use to get back to first one.
- After firmware x.5.1 the maximum number of display slot can configure from 1 to 7 in display settings dialog