- via the serial (RS232) port - using a small DSUB9 adapter if both are female DSUB9 (which connects to the computer).
- Do NOT hook up to the LCD port (plugging there would cause damage).
This means that it's unnecessary to purchase and install a 2nd set of sensors - a significant saving of ~150..300 EUR.
Round provides better readibility than an LCD for the most important parameters like
- or other
Important: please follow the steps precisely. Consult the [vemstune help], also available from the vemstune program. Start there.
- For AIM, the setup procedure uses VemsTune (newer than 2010-09-29).
- Round (with AIM-capable firmware) is capable to receive AIM (standard aim protocol 19200,8n1 rs232, 5bytes per packet) from PC or v3.x or other aim-compatible ECU (or transmitter device)
- AIM-capable round FW releases are versioned as 0.x.x version (eg. 0.4.8). Find the actual one on AfreshTiny/FirmwareUpgrade . Note: 1.4.8 does NOT have AIM support. (it cannot display data coming from AIM, and related menus/settings might be missing in vemstune).
- As a special exception, [round fw 1.5.9] also has AIM support (while also controlling and reading the round's own set of sensors including WBO2) but only on round v2. This combo is experimental (the fw 1.5.9 uploaded to round v2 seems to work fine, minor thing: it presents itself as version 0.5.9 so AIM works, but also everything else seems to work well), and might NOT be available in future firmware releases (use recent VemsTune, and update ini files from web).
- the genboard can send realtime AIM data (v3 ECU firmware >= 1.1.42)
- Any channel sent by the sending device can be displayed on top or bottom display, with any scaling, offset and dot position
- any number of rounds can get the data (eg. 1 genboard feeding 9 rounds displaying total 18 data).
Installation of an AIM capable firmware is the same as a Non-Aim Firmware, see AfreshTiny/FirmwareUpgrade
A default config is available at VemsTune/defaultfirmwareconfigs directory
You can use it as a starting config, but never forget to write down to a paper your calibration values (egt_cal, egt_offset, wbo2_pump_pw_zero,
wbo2_nernstdc_target ) and set it up after config upload.
Display state (mode) can be switched with the button (if button is enabled, see AfreshTiny/AnalogInput): 8 sets of top/bottom values can be configured
- the last received AIM data is displayed. If the display does not update, check the serial line and the sending device. You can use a switch in the serial line to intentionally cut the circuit at the desired time if you like (Hold function).
- to PC: just connect Round's RS232 port to PC's com port
- to ECU: connect RS232,pin 2(tx) ECU side to RS232,pin 3(rx) ROUND side and the pin 5(ground) on both ECU and ROUND side
- if you use more than one ROUND the rx pins are common
Setting v3 ECU with VemsTune to send AIM stream
- v3 firmware must be at version 1.1.42 or later
- to enable with VemsTune (must be newer than 2008-09-30) (or Megatune):
- Outputs menu / Display Settings / AIM Enable
- to enable in config files: set lcd_c0 bit2
- ECU can't connect to PC and Round at the same time
Setting Round with VemsTune to receive and display AIM values:
Follow the steps at VemsTune Help: http://www.vems.hu/manual/vemstune/help2/htmls/main/aim.html
- Aim realtime data types and numbers:
OLD method with Megatune (not recommended)
Setting Round with megatune to display data received via AIM
Round firmware must be newer than 2008-08
(You will find in the round firmware's uzipped directory)
- AIM enable:
- in Settings menu / Display settings
- AIM settings:
- There exists configuration (aim channel and Ax+B linear transformation) for 2 top (T0,T1), and 2 bottom values (B2,B3)
- Channel x num: there you can choose the number what to show as Tx
- Channel x mul(%): the data from ECU has different format, with this value you can multiplicate ( 0..2X )
- Channel x add: the data from ECU has different format, with this value you can add offset
- Zero means 8192 so you can incrase or decrase value with 8192
- Channel x dot: the data from ECU has different format, with this value you choose where to show the dot
- Display settings:
- You can show 8 sets of top/bottom values Measured and Aim data too
- After power up the well configured ECU will send the AIM data and the connected Rounds will show as it configured
- The switch on the Round will change the 8 display modes (disp_state variable)
from round => genboard (eg. button for launch or table-config-switch?) is not currently planned.
The genboard firmware internal CLT temperature representation was -40..+102C. Around 1.1.4x it was changed to max +155C. Sending via aim does not change the
Because I use right now only 4 slots, is it possible to make disable other fields that I do not use. Yes it's not something wery important... but it wold be a lot easyer not to go over other 4 that I do not use to get back to first one.
- After firmware x.5.1 the maximum number of display slot can configure from 1 to 7 in display settings dialog