Changes by last author:
|== Audi urS4 1992 with the AAN engine ==|
|= Audi urS4 1992 with the AAN engine =|
|My goal is for now:|
|== My setup is for now: ==|
|* use all original sensors|
|* use all original sensors, except IAT that is changed to one from 1.8T (0 280 130 085): MembersPage/Magloman/IAT|
|* replace the original Lambda with a WideBand Bosch LSU4.2 (7200)|
|* WideBand Lambda Bosch LSU4.2 7090/91(7200)|
|* make it work with COPs from 1998-2007 VAGs, 06B905115L, logic-level|
|* make it work with COPs from 2005-2007 VAGs, 06B905115L, logic-level|
What I know:
=== What I know: ===
|** I ordered 2+6 version|
* PS2 input for use with VSS
** I bought extra cable from Ps/2 to D-Sub with built in protection
What I dont know:
Q: Shall I order 2+6 version, what can I use the 2 high current outputs for ?
A: Lots of things. Relay, solenoid, NOS, ...
Q: How about firmware and sensors, do I need to compile something myself ?
A: no need to compile anything. See VemsTune
Q: I suppose I should choose PS2 connector as well
A: useful eg. for wheel-speed input (but we can connect PS2 clock signal to an unused pin as well
VEMS info (I have bought a VEMS that came with this info:)
pump+= -1.0mV/200 Ohm
(C103=1nF, no D100)
Other project info
Purchased a used WBO Bosch LSU 4.2 7090/91 as per below.
I have begun installing this now. I will make an adapter cable to fit the Motronic 55 connector at first. When I have it all working I will make a new wireloom. Maybe I will wait until next engine takes it place in the car.
Detail your motronic55 adapter. (especially GND-s)
I started out connecting the Vems on bench to my PC so I could update FW. It turned out I needed to "lock" the CPU with direct ISP programming. It worked nice but now I cannot update bootloader further because of "access denied".
I have got the password from VEMS, thanks! Upgrading the FW was no problem when having that :-)
I need to update my config files from the old maps 12x12 to new ones 16x16 and maybe some other stuff. Im researching this topic right now.
Was it tuned very well ? (or just OK, or not really well ? It might be easier to start from some generic config; in any case, check ignouts anyway, update your paper and web docs)
I have put together cable for the LCD and tested it out.
I also fixed Bluetooth connection so I can connect to it in the car later on.
I also bought a cheap android pad and tested VEMSdisplay, very good! I like it alot! :-)
=== VEMS ECU info ===
* Serial_nr= 2267
* pump-= 4.05V
* wbo2_pump_pw_zero=0x64 (100)
* wbo2_nernstdc_target=0x87 (135)
* pump+= -1.0mV/200 Ohm
* (C103=1nF, no D100)
I have no trigger input at all using triggerlog! :-(
I have Firmware v1.2.31
* that is not special, but auditrigger is a bit special
* [VT help] should be primary source of info
** InputTrigger/TriggerLog next
** anything else after those
And this is taken from configfile:
Is that correct?
* We reproduce with full vemscfg.
* Auditrigger divby9 or divby3 is special (especially if old config was uploaded without a new VemsTune without / or before "update ini files from web"
** Save old config
** remove igncoil primary conn+fuses ; and inj connectors and/or fuses upload a 60-2 config (primary trigger dialog bottom, select and "Send"), for cranking triggerlog ; better in this case anyway as it should show all teeth
Also used built in help in vemstune (newest VemsTune version ?).
The most likely reason for not seeing VR pulses (other than trivial: VR signal not going below 0V or not reaching +200mV) is if device was powered with insufficient grounding and P259 blown.
Detail your motronic55 adapter. (especially GND-s)
A: I leave the adapter for now, thanks for answering though :-)
|== Captains Log: ==|
My problem with no trigger signal was because of faulty grounds. It is very difficult to make an adapter to motronic if you are gonna ground according to vems manual.
* I have put together cable for the LCD and tested it out. https://youtu.be/nF_bM1gTyVo
|I could see it on the oscilloscope; the sinuswave from crank did never go below zero so I guess the vems never "saw" the signal.|
|* I also fixed Bluetooth connection so I can connect to it in the car later on.|
|I used separate cabling to triggers(shielded) and then I got signal :-) But then my adapter loom was little unstable so I decided to stop doing this half way.|
|* I also bought a cheap android pad and tested VEMSdisplay, very good! I like it alot! :-)|
So now I am doing a fresh new wire loom from the ground.
* hint: similar injout and ignout mapping will help later, easier to start from existing configs
** eg. for 153624 1-6 5-2 and 3-4 cyls use neighbor ignoutputs so ign-dualout is also supported - not needed normally since driving 6 outputs and sectrig should be fine (but still useful for compatibility, or for any primtrig-only startup test or limphome)
|A: OK, I will consider this, thanks.|
|* Installed new Firmware v1.2.31 (had to update bootlaoder too using special cable)|
|I am gonna start with coils, injectors, and triggers. And see if it starts, then go on and connect the rest.|
Still making electrical loom for the engine...
It takes forever if you want it neat :-)
But its kinda fun when you got it going and have all tools and stuff ready.
* Still making electrical loom for the engine...It takes forever if you want it neat :-) But its kinda fun when you got it going and have all tools and stuff ready.
|Some pictures of ongoing work:|
|* Some pictures of ongoing work:|
== VemsTune ==
* Using 2016 version
* Ignition settings:
** Dwell 2.2ms (max 2.5 I think)
** MAP scale: 3